Stewart A. Marx
Prior to joining Homan & Stone, Stewart was a shareholder with Grancell, Lebovitz, Stander, Marx & Barnes (WC Defense firm). Stewart is a former WC Administrative Law Judge Pro Tem and has been a Certified California Workers’ Compensation Specialist since 1983.
Stewart also has extensive public entity experience, providing general and specialized counsel to government entities including counties, special districts and statutory towns and cities. He also has experience assisting public entities in litigating allegations of employee discrimination in Workers’ Compensation Appeals Boards throughout California. Stewart understands defenses and legal immunities that are unique to governmental and quasi-governmental entities and their public employees.
• California State Bar, August 1976
• University of San Fernando Valley College of Law
• Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act Course
• Orthopedic Injury Disability Course of Study
• CA Workers’ Compensation Claims Advanced Permanent Disability Ratings Course Study
• Advanced Legal Education Course in CA WC Law
• Certified by the CA Board of Specialization of the State Bar of California in Workers’ Compensation
• Admitted to practice before the US District Court for the Central District of California
• Orange County Bar Association and WC Section Member
• Former WC Administrative Law Judge Pro Tem (Santa Ana, Pomona)